$350. Saturdays 10am – Noon. 12 Training Days/ Ages 7-11
This season we’ve added Sonics 1 for children who are moving on from Super Sliders but are not ready to join the Sonics Race Team.
Participants should have good striding skills to join. The following additional skills will be developed throughout the season: coordinated pole use; skating without poles; V1 poling; hockey stop; Step turns; basics of hot waxing; skiing 5km or more each session; participate in at least one race; and always have fun!
Tuition includes ASC membership & XC trail pass; entry fees into all ASC races; Sonics hat & Jacket for season use.
Discounts for multiple athletes in same family apply. Program enrollment includes a family membership; sibling discounts for programs; option for parents to purchase discount xc season trail passes.
Sonics Race Team
For aspiring Nordic ski racers ages 9 + $425.
The Sonics meet every Saturday (and some Sundays) from 10:00 am-12:00 pm December through March at the ASC Training Center. Skiers must have previous classic skiing experience and some knowledge of skate technique is encouraged. Classic & Skating skills are taught with the goal of mastering skills and becoming faster racers….. maybe even a Junior Nationals athlete in a few years.
The team trains on the same day and time as the Super Sliders but there are additional sessions on race days and a few special outings just for Sonics. Sonics team includes coaching at all of the ASC Training Center races.
We rely on parent involvement to make this program successful. A minimum of four hours of volunteer time is required for parents.
- 14 Training Days on Saturdays (and some Sundays)
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Introduction to Racing
- Classic and Skate Skiing
- Discounts for multiple family members enrolled in program
- $425 program cost includes seasonal use of Sonics hat & Jacket, XC trail pass for athletes, race fees for ASC races and a family membership
- Seasonal classic & skate package equipment lease only $150
- Bring a Friend to any of our sessions before January 23rd for a $20 trial fee (includes Sonics session, rental equipment & trail pass). The $20 will be applied to the annual fees if enrolled.
2017/18 Schedule TBA