2016/17 Sonics Race Team Registration Open!
The Sonics meet every Saturday (and some Sundays) from 10:00 am-12:00 pm December through March at the ASC Training Center. Skiers must have previous classic skiing experience and some knowledge of skate technique is encouraged. Classic & Skating skills are taught with the goal of mastering skills and becoming faster racers….. maybe even a Junior Nationals athlete in a few years.
The team trains on the same day and time as the Super Sliders but there are additional sessions on race days and a few special outings just for Sonics. Sonics team includes coaching at all of the ASC Training Center races.
We rely on parent involvement to make this program successful. A minimum of four hours of volunteer time is required for parents.
- 18 Training Days on Saturdays (and some Sundays)
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- “Introduction” to Racing
- Classic and Skate Skiing
- Discounts for multiple family members enrolled in program
- $400 program cost includes ASC Training Center family membership, XC trail pass for athletes and race fees
- Seasonal classic & skate package equipment lease only $150
- Bring a Friend to any of our sessions before January 23rd for a $20 trial fee (includes Sonics session, rental equipment & trail pass). The $20 will be applied to the annual fees if enrolled.
2016/17 schedule begins 12/10/16
December: 10, 31 (17 and 18 races optional)
January: 7, 14, 28 (1st race optional)
February: 4, 11, 25 (20 race optional)
March: 4, 11, 18, 25
April: 1 spring fling