Saturday Sept 8th 2012 10am
2012 results – CLICK HERE
Challenge yourselves & your friends to bike up old 40 from the west end of Donner Lake to Sugar Bowl Academy.
Road, Mountain, tandem & single speed categories
$25 pre reg Register or $30 Race morning (18 & under $15 pre / $20 on the day)
- Race registration, bib pick & parking at Paco’s Bike and Ski form 8am-9am
Please note parking is not available at the start at west end Beach use the ride along Donner lake as part of your warm up.
- Pre Reg racers will be randomized & start times will be published at registration
- New Reg will be assigned start times when they register
Racer information – See this sheet for race details
- Starts will be at 30 Sec intervals starting at 10am
- Your warm up is your ride to the start
- on Donner Pass Rd or
- on The South side of the Lake – the traffic is less there than on the North – there is a paved path all around the Lake now if you go through the State Park on the East End
- Will be at Sugar Bowl Academy
- We will have water jugs to refill your bottles with water or energy drink
- The road will not be closed – So ride smart & be safe !
- Please stay close to the right side of the road & only pass if safe to do so.
- Any rider who crosses the central line will be disqualified
- To minimize impact on the road please wait till all riders are done climbing (11am ?) to bike back down. You can ride along old 40 & around Serene Lakes for a cool down – or even go all the way to Cisco if you wish
We will do our best to provide racers times at 11am before you descend & will post times on www.truckeefunrun.com that afternoon
Overall fastest Man & fastest woman will be notified & will receive a prize that can be collected at Pacos Bike and Ski
EVENT SPONSORED BY:
- 2011 Jesse Miller Smith 14:34.7, Kimball Pier 18:34.5
- 2010 Joel Baty 15:53.0, Katerina Nash 16:45.5
- 2009 Alex Taylor 16:53.8, Katerina Nash 17:32.9)
- Photos by MacBeth Graphics