The 34th Annual Squaw Mountain Run / Hike
Saturday, August 2nd, 2014 @ 9am start
SMR 2013 Results:
Latest updated information for racers, registration, Salomon Tech shirt sales here:
To register download SVMR reg form 2013 and mail back by July 28th. You will also need to fill out an ASC wavier and a Squaw Valley Summer:Fall Release of Liability before participating in the event. For children under 18 they need to be filled out by the parents ahead of time. If you are over 18 you can fill it out and bring it with you or we will have them available on the day of.
You can also register online at: Active.com
For the past 32 years, on the first Saturday of August, hundreds runners and hikers have made the annual pilgrimage to the top of Squaw Valley to enjoy a great workout with stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the High Sierra.
Starting at the base of Squaw Valley USA (6200’) the course climbs the 3.6 mile mountain run to High Camp (8200’) where awards, raffle, music, light refreshments & beer are provided.
Participants can choose to RUN or take a more leisurely pace and HIKE, or Nordic walk (hike with poles). For the less energetic – let the cable car do the 2000 foot elevation gain & join our knowledgeable guides for the beautiful FLOWER WALK on easy rolling terrain.
- Transport of your spare clothes up to High Camp (bring a compact bag (labeled with your name) for your gear
- 2 Aid stations on the course (first one with just water, second with water, energy drink & mini clif bars to fuel you for the last push to the finish)
- Awards for the uphill competitors – top 3 places in 5 year age categories.
- All participants entered in the raffle for some great prizes from Salomon and our other supporters
- All participants receive a souvenir beer glass at the finish line.
- Live music & light refreshments & beer at High Camp
- Discounted tram ride to High Camp for spectators
- Prayer flag at the awards to honor those who have lost their lives to cancer
- Free cable car ride back down
- Souvenir Salomon Tech shirts available on a first come basis beginning at reg
Discounted Cable Car rides to High Camp are available for friends and family at bib pick up before 8:30am (cash or check only – payable to Auburn Ski Club. No Credit cards please). Rates for 2012 were:
- Adults – $17
- 13-18yrs – $14
- 12 & under – $5
- 4 & under – free
Volunteers get a free ride! – Please contact us ahead of time if you can help.
For the less energetic! – Signing up for our Flower walk gets you the 9am tram ride up to High Camp (tram ticket included in your entry) & knowledgeable guides to show you what and where the best flowers are.
The blooms are usually spectacular this time of year. As a participant you are also entered into the raffle and get a souvenir beer mug.
Registration is the same as the race – just check the flower walk option on the reg form & check in at the flower walk/spectator tickets table to get your free cable car ticket
Help fight Cancer
For many the event has become a way to celebrate life following personal struggles with cancer or in memory of a loved one who may have been less fortunate.
There will be a flag at registration for those who wish to sign, and write names of loved ones. The flag will be carried up by a volunteer participant and we will hold a short prayer ceremony at the Awards ceremony.
20% of funds raised from The Squaw Mountain Run are donated to The Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation to help local cancer patients afford the care they need.
In the last five years since Auburn Ski Club took over the event – we have raised almost $10,000 for the Foundation.
Volunteer & get a free tram ride
We need help at registration, at feed stations and at High Camp. Please firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
Our thanks to our sponsors:
RESULTS AND PHOTOS
Will be posted here after the event