The 33rd Annual Squaw Mountain Run / Hike
will be Sat August 3rd, 2013 @ 9am
Save money on your registration by registering before July 4th!
To register download and mail back the SVMR reg form 2013 by July 28th.
You can also register online at: Active.com
For the past 31 years, on the first Saturday of August, hundreds runners and hikers have made the annual pilgrimage to the top of Squaw Valley to enjoy a great workout with stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the High Sierra.
Starting at the base of Squaw Valley USA (6200’) the course climbs the 3.6 mile mountain run to High Camp (8200’) where awards, raffle, music, light refreshments & beer are provided.
Participants can choose to RUN or take a more leisurely pace and HIKE, or Nordic walk (hike with poles). For the less energetic – let the cable car do the 2000 foot elevation gain & join our knowledgeable guides for the beautiful FLOWER WALK on easy rolling terrain.
On or Before midnight July 4th - 0nline or mailed @ $35 (18 & under $20). Add a High Tech Salomon T shirt for just $25 (see below)
July 5 – July 25th - mailed or online @ $40 (18 & under $25). Add a High Tech Salomon T shirt@ $25 to guarantee your size
July 26th – August 2nd- online only, or at The Salomon store at Squaw Friday 2nd from 4pm – 7pm) @ $40 (18 & under $25). Add a High Tech Salomon T shirt@ $25
Race morning - from 7:30-8:30am: $45 (18 & under $30). Add a High Tech T for just $25 while supplies last
- Transport of your spare clothes up to High Camp (bring a compact bag (labeled with your name) for your gear
- 2 Aid stations on the course (first one with just water, second with water, energy drink & mini clif bars to fuel you for he last push)
- Awards for the uphill competitors – top 3 places in 5 year age categories.
- All participants entered in the raffle for some great prizes from Salomon and our other supporters
- All participants receive a souvenir beer glass at the finish line.
- Live music & light refreshments & beer at High Camp
- Discounted tram ride to High Camp for spectators
- Prayer flag at the awards to honor those who have lost their lives to cancer
- Free cable car ride back down & racer discounts in restaurants & stores in the village
- Souvenir T.shirts available (We have decided to keep prices down and minimize waste by giving folks the choice to add a shirt if they wish
Discounted Cable Car rides to High Camp are available for friends and family at bib pick up before 8:30am (cash or check only – payable to Auburn Ski Club. No Credit cards please). Rates for 2012 were:
- Adults – $17
- 13-18yrs – $14
- 12 & under – $5
- 4 & under – free
Volunteers get a free ride! – Please contact us ahead of time if you can help.
For the less energetic! – Signing up for our Flower walk gets you the 9am tram ride up to High Camp (tram ticket included in your entry) & knowledgeable guides to show you what and where the best flowers are.
The blooms are usually spectacular this time of year. As a participant you are also entered into the raffle & get a souvenir beer mug & village discounts after the event.
Registration is the same as the race – just check the flower walk option on the reg form & check in at the flower walk/spectator tickets table to get your free cable car ticket
Help fight Cancer
There will be a flag at registration for those who wish to sign, and write names of loved ones. The flag will be carried up by a volunteer participant and we will hold a short prayer ceremony at the Awards ceremony.
20% of funds raised from The Squaw Mountain Run are donated to The Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation to help local cancer patients afford the care they need.
In the last four years since Auburn Ski Club took over the event – we have raised almost $10,000 for the Foundation.
Volunteer & get a free tram ride
We need help at registration, at feed stations and at High Camp. Please contact us if you can help.
Details coming soon about next year’s shirts
Our thanks to our sponsors:
RESULTS AND PHOTOS
Will be posted here after the event
THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR RACING in the 2012 event
Previous results click here