The Auburn Ski Club Training Center is a non-profit winter sports facility dedicated to the lifelong enjoyment of winter sports for families and athletes from the greater Foothill region, across Northern California and beyond. Programs and cross country ski trails are open to everyone. On winter weekends the center is alive with excited groups of Alpine, Snowboard, Nordic and Biathlon kids heading off for a day of skiing while rubbing shoulders with nationally ranked athletes and Olympians.
Our Training Center is one of the few combined Alpine, Nordic, Biathlon and Snowboard training centers in the country. The training center blends together an atmosphere of national caliber athletes, family recreational skiing and international level competition. As the top racing and training venue in the western United States, ASCTC was named USSA Nordic Club of the Year in 2001 and 2005 and Snowboard Club of the Year in 2010. ASCTC has hosted many national championships including: XC Junior Nationals in 1971, 2005, 2009, 2015; the 2004 NCAA Nationals, the 2015 US Biathlon Nationals and the 2017 USSA SuperTour.
Training Center Facilities
- 6,000 sq. ft. Winter Sports facility with locker rooms, gathering and seating areas, kitchen, offices, meeting room, large sun deck, restrooms and showers
- 2,000 sq. ft. Multipurpose building
- 25km cross country trail system
- Nordic Ski Competition venue
- Alpine/Snowboard competition and training arena at adjacent Boreal Mtn. Resort
- 14 point Biathlon Range
- 100 car parking lot & Ski waxing room
Winter Training Center Hours
- Open Wednesday through Sunday
- Office hours 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Cross country ski trails hours 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (Weather permitting)
- Closed Monday and Tuesday (except holiday period)
- Closed Christmas Day
(We are not open regular hours in the summer – but we always check email and phone messages)
The center is located adjacent to Boreal Mountain Resort on Donner Summit at 19749 Boreal Ridge Road. From I-80 take the Castle Peak/Boreal Ridge Rd exit, enter Boreal Mtn Resort and keep to the right. Follow signs to ASC Training Center at the far west end of the parking lot.