The Auburn Ski Club Training Center is a non-profit winter sports facility dedicated to the lifelong enjoyment of winter sports for families and athletes from the greater foothill region and across Northern California. Programs and cross country ski trails are open to everyone. On winter weekends the center is alive with excited groups of Alpine, Snowboard and Nordic kids heading off for a day of skiing while rubbing shoulders with nationally-ranked athletes and Olympians.
Our Training Center is one of the few combined Alpine, Nordic, Biathlon and Snowboard training centers in the country. The training center blends together an atmosphere of national caliber athletes, family recreational skiing and international level competition. As the top racing and training venue in the western United States, ASCTC was named USSA Nordic Club of the Year in 2001 and 2005 and Snowboard Club of the Year in 2010. ASCTC has hosted many national championships including: XC Junior Nationals in 1971, 2005, 2009, 2015; the 2004 NCAA Nationals and 2015 US Biathlon Nationals.
Training Center Facilities
- 6,000 sq. ft. building with locker rooms, gathering and seating areas, kitchen, offices, meeting room, large sun deck, restrooms and showers
- 2,000 sq. ft. Sprung Structure
- 20km cross country trail system
- Nordic Ski Competition start/finish stadium and timing building
- Alpine Ski/Snowboard competition and training arena with timing building
- 16 point Biathlon range
- 15 meter and 40 meter ski jumping hills
- Homologated Alpine racing and training hills
- Homologated XC trails
- 100 car parking lot
- Ski waxing room
- Maintenance garage
Winter Training Center Hours
- Open Wednesday through Sunday
- Office hours 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Cross country ski trails hours 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (weather permitting, trail report)
- Closed Monday and Tuesday (unless holiday period)
(We are not open regular hours in the summer – but we do check email and phone messages)
The center is located adjacent to Boreal Mountain Resort on Donner Summit at 19749 Boreal Ridge Road. From I-80 take the Castle Peak exit and drive to the far west end of the Boreal parking lot.
View Auburn Ski Club in a larger map